Will Hero 3+ fits perfectly in the HERO 3 case without the LCD?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bordiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi everyone!

I have a Hero3+ and want to take it to Curaçao to dive. So I need the red filter. And there´s two versions of filters, from most companies. One that fits the Hero 3+ case and one to the Hero 3 case.

I´d like to use the LCD in the HERO 3+, while underwater, so I need the HERO 3 case. And the filter to the Hero 3 case.

But... If I choose to dive without the LCD attached to the camera, will the HERO 3+ fit perfectly in the HERO 3 case, even without the LCD or Battery pac? OR It will be.... loose inside?

I don´t want to buy two filters, one for each situation....

Thanks!

I like the Flip filters from backscatter.com
The holder comes with an adapter for the 3+ housing, so you could use the same filters on both.
Mikkel

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I compared a Hero3 with a Hero3+ in my hands a few weeks ago. Without the casings I could not detect any difference in the physical dimensions.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Hopefully the Hero 3+ Backdoors will be available in the next month or two which will mean you can use your Hero 3+ Housing with a Battery or LCD BacPac.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom