Wide Angle in Sea & Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JamieS

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi,
I've been reading the other posts regarding which WA lens for UW work. I think I have narrowed my list down to the Sigma 10-20 or the Tokina 11-17. However, I am not sure if these are compatable with my system. I am shooting a Nikon D50 in a Sea and Sea housing. Searching the Sea& Sea website, I don't find that either of these are supported with zoom rings for turning the zoom of the lens. Does anyone use these in a Sea & Sea Housing? How do you zoom them? Does another ring designed for another lens fit?

Thanks in advance.

Sea & Sea lists zoom gear for the Tokina 10-17mm fisheye zoom for Canon housings, but for some reason, not for Nikon. I know that Backscatter has a port option listed in their Nikon kit listing for that lens on the Sea & Sea housing. I would check with them on what gear they're using and how much it costs. If it's the same as the Canon, Leisure Pro lists it at $175.

I am using the 10-17 Tokina on my D200 in a Sea & Sea housing. The zoom gear is for another lens, but it fits the Tokina. Ryan at Reef Photo set me up. I shoot it in the NX Dome port with the XS Extension ring.

The Tokina 10-17 is an excellent lens, better than the Sigma in general. Looks like you found the Sea&Sea work around too - definitely post some shots when you can. I shoot with the 10.5 fisheye, but if I had to buy a new one today, I'd go for that Tokina hands down...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom