Wide Angle for Ikelite 6095 housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bighiller

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I have a Ikelite 6095 housing with Canon HFS100 inside it and I would like to get a wide-angle setup, but I'm having trouble locating all the bits I need. Does anyone know where I can get all the parts I need to make this so?

Thanks,

I'm just starting with underwater videography, but a quick search on B&H turned up the following.

Ikelite 6095 wide angle

I'm not affiliated with B&H, but have ordered from in the past and they have always been top notch. I'm currently awaiting delivery of a new Canon HF S10 and 6095 housing.

Hope this helps.
Kevin

Last edited:
I have a Ikelite 6095 housing with Canon HFS100 inside it and I would like to get a wide-angle setup, but I'm having trouble locating all the bits I need. Does anyone know where I can get all the parts I need to make this so?

Thanks,

I don't have your camcorder and housing yet, but I'm about to take the plunge. I've been very confused about the wide-angle set-up, and I've been doing some research. This is from Ikelite's page for the 6095 housing:

"Special ports are available for use with the Raynox DCR-730 wide-angle lens. A 58-52mm step-down ring is required for the attachment of the DCR-730 lens."

The DCR-730 lens is available here:

Raynox | DCR-730 52mm 0.7x Wide Angle Conversion Lens | DCR730 .

The step-down ring is available here:

Amazon.com: Adorama Step-Down Adapter Ring 58mm Lens to 52mm Filter Size: Camera & Photo .

If you have found out any additional info since your original post (and the subsequent responses), please post it here.

Also, how do you like the camera and housing so far?

Last edited:
I'm just starting with underwater videography, but a quick search on B&H turned up the following.

Ikelite 6095 wide angle

I'm not affiliated with B&H, but have ordered from in the past and they have always been top notch. I'm currently awaiting delivery of a new Canon HF S10 and 6095 housing.

Hope this helps.
Kevin
I ordered the W20 for my HV20/Ikelite set up and have not been very pleased with it. Maybe on a non HD camcorder it would work better. It is very soft around the edges in all ranges of the zoom. The data sheet states that it would be soft under certain ranges of zoom, but I haven't found the sweet spot yet. Since I bought the W20, they have come out with an HD wide angle, but it is almost 3 times the cost.

Also Kevin, I noticed your thread on the size of the 6095, and the Ikelite housing I have looks like it should have the same dimensions. I will try and measure this weekend. I break it down whenever we travel and keep the acrylic case in my carry-on and put the handle in my checked bag. FYI...it is very negative bouyant & the last few trips I have left the base plate home and it actually is much easier to handle underwater. I don't think the housing will fit in the bag you were questioning. The biggest obstacle would be the bolts that hold the housing onto the handle assembly....they stick out about 1 1/2". I'll try and get some dimensions & pics this weekend.

Mike

Hi...I just purchased a used Ikelite 6095 with canon HFS100. It came with a raynox conversion lense and special flat port on the housing and an Ikelite Pro video light 3. I have not used this setup at all yet!! I live in Penticton and dive at the coast from time to time. Maybe we could get together and share notes sometime. You must have a lot of experience with this setup by now so maybe you could pass on some important notes to me...I would really appreciate it. Maybe you could even leave me your phone number..thanks

Chet Diplock (chetflyer)
chetdiplock@hotmail.com
250-462-0260

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom