Why was this thread closed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Inman:
I think what he is saying here is that it's only fair for the house to play by the rules that the house makes.
Maybe....... I think he must know full well though that those "rules" are actually rather open ended in terms of the power of Staff discretion to interpret them however they will, as it suits them at any particular time. That at least is clearly stated in the TOS.
That in itself doesn't bother me too much when I remember that it's a private board and only one opinion really counts in the end.
I believe what makes it confusing for some is thinking that any other points of view really count in the end - no matter how often it's claimed that they do. Actions speak FAR louder than words, and anyone who has been a member here for any great length of time....and contributed a lot as well.....knows very well how things are. Maybe that's exactly why it so often appears that longer term members are actually rather under-appreciated and scarcely missed...... why it seems that everything is fine as long as people keep streaming in the front door. Of course...then it matters less who is leaving by the back......

piikki:
Oooh, my thread was closed, I feel so important now :D

I was aiming to get the poll to 200 participants though, so I could have published the results in a scientific journal. May I get an extension?

I'll bet the only extension you are going to get has already been flipped up.

Closing threads is rarely a good idea. It doesn't solve problems, it just makes folks angry.

Walter:
Closing threads is rarely a good idea. It doesn't solve problems, it just makes folks angry.

and why make folks angry when keeping them happy is so easy?

Maybe the mods jus need to ask themselves WWJD -- What would Joe (Scubatoys) do?

Walter:

If not angry, they just go banter to another thread about a topic they nearly were ready to drop - here we are :D

H2Andy:
and why make folks angry when keeping them happy is so easy?

...that's one of the secrets of life.

It's just Scubaboard Town...................Jake..........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom