Why the price increase for Coz vacations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mr_jmac

Registered
Reaction score
Hey,

Been checking out last minute trips to Cozumel for the last month. I noticed that the general price of last minute vacations jumped the past few days. The same trips that had been advertised for the 18th and 25th for the last week are suddenly $100-$300 more expensive.

I know Oct.-Dec is an inexpensive time to go. The prices seemed low for the first two weeks of January as well.

Do the prices always jump last week of January?

Later,
Joe

It's the start of spring break. Those kids are going to Mexico come h*ll or high water & will pay any amount to do it. I work in the travel industry & spring break is our all time busiest season. Cancun is the #1 spot, but Playa, Coz, even PVR are all hot spots f/ the spring breakers.

All holiday weeks will jump at the last minute. Jan 18 being a holiday week "Martin Luther King"and the Last week of January starts off "THE SEASON" We just hit the prime season for Mexico.

The start/end of the winter travels season and Spring Break is from the 4th week of January thru Easter. I book more travel in the month of January and February then any other time of the year. Not to mention Airfare rates have gone up and the $10-$30 fuel surcharge is now being added on.

Back
Top Bottom