why so many macros you ask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tortuga Roja:
You are so right Dee. I have to admit there are times I wish I still had wetmates. Like last week when 3 mantas kept swimming in a line over me and my 105mm. :wink:
You'd be amazed how often i dive with my 105mm on the manta dives... i just watch them pass overhead... :D

Is this a general question? or was it directed to MIke? I will assume for general.. I believe that for most people, especially beginners, macro is far and away the best way to start off. You will get a much larger percentage of keepers compared to WA. Macro is much easier to light properly and for a lot of people who don't have the big domes and the external strobes then macro is far and away the best option.

I try to steer people to macro at the beginning to really get a feel for their camera and how it all works before throwing in the natural/balanced light option that WA brings to the table. Great results are not necessarily easier, but definitely a higher percentage of shots will be keepers. T

However, the technical issue is only one thing, a great eye for composition is something else entirely. Creating fantastic macro photos with an eye for composition is a great art..

I have seen some absolutely fantastic examples of both WA and macro throughout this board. Keep up the good work

Geeze Mike. I think that was your first serious post. All out of CR? :D

Mike Veitch:
YI believe that for most people, especially beginners, macro is far and away the best way to start off.

and for a lot of people who don't have the big domes and the external strobes then macro is far and away the best option.

hey, i think he is reffering to someone with a Rebel XT....

Mike Veitch:
the technical issue is only one thing, a great eye for composition is something else entirely. Creating fantastic macro photos with an eye for composition is a great art..

I have seen some absolutely fantastic examples of both WA and macro throughout this board. Keep up the good work

but then he also credits you ...... :wink:

a troll indeed.

Back
Top Bottom