Why oh why is adding a GoPro beyond my grasp?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Exactly. Use the triple clamp as the first connector between your tray and first arm and add vid light to that, put GoPro on cold shoe on housing. That also helps with backscatter as the vid light is now farther away from the GoPro.

Hmmmm. I don't know what sticky stuff he used...

I think the real GoPro mount adhesive is pretty good at being sticky... Had it on surfboards, one on my rebreather case too. It's not going anywhere.

Maybe someone else can reassure you, I don't know for certain.

In my experience, the only place the GoPro sticky struggles is in high vibration areas. I tried sticking a camera to a snow ski and even close to the bindings, it kept shaking loose. I’ve mounted one on my helmet and it has taken a beating for multiple years.

Exactly. Use the triple clamp as the first connector between your tray and first arm and add vid light to that, put GoPro on cold shoe on housing. That also helps with backscatter as the vid light is now farther away from the GoPro.
Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom