Why not go to 100' ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I went out of East End in the Cayman's (one of my few guided dives), they split the boat into two groups. One group went over the wall and then up onto the reef. The other group went only on the reef. Split was based on experience and wishes.

Some clarification questions. What type of hose was it ... rubber or braided? Did you visibly damage the hose by kinking it? And if so (or even if not) did you consider replacing the hose after you kinked it?

I would think that such a demonstration would result in some question about the integrity of the hose, since they're not designed to be kinked like that.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

It was a rubber hose and I continue to use it on my pony bottle. Honestly it didn't take much to cut off the gas supply and I only did it for a couple seconds. The hose appears to be fine. Being that it's rated at 400 psi and the pressure being allowed from the first stage is what? 150-175 psi? I figure it's fine.

Back
Top Bottom