Why not add a second OPRV dump valve to the Stealth Tec 2.0?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

this is the mod for anyone curious. Grommet put in near the dump and at the top of the wing. Sprinkler hose run up and over the shoulder like it is on all of the rigs that had the Sorenson-Swap done. Definitely have to cant over to the left a bit to dump, but nice to have everything on your chest. Edd prefers to top-mount stages, and without this mod done, you can't do that with the xDeep.
View attachment 512529
Very cool modification! If I may ask, what specific product did you use for the added dump valve on the right? I am thinking of getting a Stealth 2.0 tec, and this is one modification I would definitely look into. Thanks!!

Very cool modification! If I may ask, what specific product did you use for the added dump valve on the right? I am thinking of getting a Stealth 2.0 tec, and this is one modification I would definitely look into. Thanks!!

The Edd mod exchanges the the dump valve and the cover between the right side and the bottom.

I used stainless 1/2" grommets for routing through webbing and shell. I also added two 1/2" grommets to the bottom of both of our rigs because they drain water way too slowly without. the nylon sleeve tubing is water line from the hardware store. It was cheap but the grommets and grommet tools are expensive. I'm glad I have them and all in it is still way cheaper than sending it to cave adventures where they do a similar mod. I don't like the way they do it so I did it myself as with most things.

IMG_6313.jpeg
IMG_6312.jpeg
IMG_6314.jpeg
IMG_6311.jpeg
IMG_6310.jpeg
IMG_6316.jpeg

since you're in Gainesville, I would recommend taking the trip up to Marianna and getting it from Edd. All the mods will be done, and it's a good excuse to dive pretty sites

@RayfromTX talk to Edd. He's moved it to the right side and routed it to the left shoulder so you can pull it from there. The right side as a dump location is REALLY awkward to chicken wing back there, especially if you have any exposure protection on.
This is what I did, but I kept the one at the bottom. It works well and I haven't had any issues.

There is another way to dump gas on this rig that many don't talk about. You can use the LPI. Now, before someone says "but you are in trim and it won't work" let me tell you something I picked up from a high level Xdeep instructor:

Use the LPI dump along with the waist bungees. Pull them a little tighter and use the deflate button. Works like a charm. Yes, you do need to use two hands so not a perfect solution for every situation but works very well in open ocean or in wrecks. I was squeezing through a tight restriction in a wreck and couldn't get my hand to the rear dump. I needed to let out a tiny bit of gas to help me slither through. Remembered this solution, gave it a shot and voila!

Hello,

Two of my friends dive the xdeep rec regularly with one or two stages (2x12l steel, alu80) in dry suit. The dry suit helps you to stay in trim and counter the weight of the 3-4 regulators. So, your wife might be better off with a rec than a tec.

Best wishes Jens

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom