why no Air2 designed to be detachable?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Air 2 is a great safe second. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. I've been using one since 1988 and (how the heck is this?) I am still alive. If you are using a BC set up that requires a regular Octopus set up, then the Air 2 is not for you. You can like it or not, doesn't matter to me, but don't say they are dangerous when you have no experience with the equipment.

How do you know he doesn't have any experience with the Air 2?

DennisW:
The Air 2 is a great safe second. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. I've been using one since 1988 and (how the heck is this?) I am still alive. If you are using a BC set up that requires a regular Octopus set up, then the Air 2 is not for you. You can like it or not, doesn't matter to me, but don't say they are dangerous when you have no experience with the equipment.

LOL~~~ It is time to talk about Air 2 agian. :D
You guys know that it is a personal preference and opinion. It is one of the most frequent threads we have gotten through:wink:

Depending on the BCD design, some BCDs do not have a pull dump function. In that case, Air 2 can be more easily detached from the corrugated hose. For example, Halcyon wing doesn't have a pull dump. You just need to cut and reploace the zip tie or use hose clamp. Therefore, it is feasible, not impossible to do....

thanks very much to all for your advice and links. now i know there are products out there which i wasn't aware of before.....and i also know by now that any discussion about anything related to "air2" could be an interesting thread.....:eyebrow:
(lesson learnt for a newbie)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom