Why Lembeh?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My favorite shot from today (I'm enjoying playing with narrow depth of focus). All these pics are straight out of the camera, no editing or cropping.

IMG_2055.JPG

I need to return soon.

I need to return soon.

I've only been to Indonesia once, last December, did the Murex Passport to Paradise excursion. Where you stay at their Manado resort, then transport to Bangka by boat (and dive along the way! - so no wasted days), then stay at their Bangka resort before finally heading to the last leg of the journey - Lembeh.
In hindsight, I'd skip Manado and split time between Bangka for the reefs and Lembeh for the muck.
That said, I am planning another trip to either Indonesia or the Philippines and Bangka/Lembeh combination was so good that I am considering going back instead of exploring something new like Ambon or Tulamben. I mention Ambon/Tulamben because they're both 2 flights away from the UAE as opposed several flights/boat to Alor or Raja Ampat for example.
And Bangka is just 45 minutes away from Lembeh by boat. So convenient.

did the Murex Passport to Paradise excursion
I did the same trip in 2015, that was the last time I was in N. Sulawesi.

We did extend it for a few more additional days when we got to Lembeh Resort, and then moved over to Siladen where we stayed with Ana and Miguel who used to run Lembeh Resort up until 2014.

I had some great dives off Manado on Murex's house reef.

Tulumben is only one flight from UAE to Bali it's really worth doing if you love macro, plus mainly shore diving ..... nice long dives :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom