Why is Toluene so difficult to find. . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnN

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
In something less than a 1 gallon container? I want more than the standard Coltol mini-bottle, but I can't find anything less than a gallon at the local hardware and paint stores. . .

I buy quarts at the auto part store all the time.

I can no longer get it herein Cal. Acetone works as a substitute as a thinner and also speeds up drying of aquaseal not as well but better than nothing.

Toluene has a very bad reputation. There is no specific prove, but it was accused to provoque cancer. Besides, the toluene fumes are also bad for humans and animals known to cause several health related issues.

Toluene has a very bad reputation. There is no specific prove, but it was accused to provoque cancer.
Most substances that cross a border into California will become known to cause cancer.

In something less than a 1 gallon container? I want more than the standard Coltol mini-bottle, but I can't find anything less than a gallon at the local hardware and paint stores. . .
You can get it from Amazon. Amazon.com : toluene

Probably regulated in your state.

The curse of living in a state that tries to protect people from their own stupidity rather than encouraging in.
This post is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.

Back
Top Bottom