Why does DUI Mount the relief valve on the front of the Bicep?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OE2X:
It seems a shame to have spend extra money when I already dropped $2,000 for the suit.

Tell me about it!

My Northern Diver is the same way. I'm sending it in to have the dump moved to my cuff next month when I'm in Maui. I can't stand having it on the bicep.

Which brings up a question...

My last drysuit had the dump in the 'normal' place (on the outer shoulder, not the bicep) and that worked fine for me. I've pretty much decided I want to have the dump moved on my current suit from the bicep to the cuff (instead of moving it over to the shoulder). Does anyone who has moved their's from the outer shoulder to the cuff have any thoughts on this? I don't see a downside to having on the cuff.

My Zeagle front entry has it on a little forward of the outside of the arm (towards bicep), whereas the rear entry seems to have it squarely in the middle. I find a little roll to the right, maybe 15-20deg and doing some kind of chicken wing thing seems to help. It might not be as far forward as yours, i am wondering on a patch and redo, but for now i can get by with it, i dont need it for 95% of my dive as i am at depth - although i am still playing a bit with the whole when to dump issue and general control of the DS, its much better than 3 weeks ago when i first bought it :wink:

Not so. Look at most DUI suits and you will see that they mount the dump valve the same way and the same place. I'm guessing that they don't think that you will ascend in a horizontal position.

If you look at the instruction book that comes with your DUI suit you will see what position they want you to use for ascent. :D

OE2X... consider having the valve moved to the forearm... I think I am going to do that with my yellow Andy's as it is on my blue Andy's. I like that position much better.

Uncle Pug:
OE2X... consider having the valve moved to the forearm... I think I am going to do that with my yellow Andy's as it is on my blue Andy's. I like that position much better.

Good advice your sageness!

Why would you want to be horizontal? If you will stay vertical you won't need to use your fins, worry about bouyancy or any of that stuff. Just use 5# ankle weights and walk whereever you want to go. :eyebrow:

I like the forearm mount best. A lot more flexibility.

Back
Top Bottom