Why did you start diving doubles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LG Diver,

It was good to meet you today. As I mentioned, I took the Mini Doubles, and for us it was a great introduction to doubles diving. Here's my class report.

Ultimately, we chose to dive doubles because of caves. However, at the time of Mini Doubles, we were just out there learning, and had no intention of diving doubles.

Since your LDS is next door to us, PM me if you want to try some tanks.

metaldector:
I use the steel 95's almost every weekend.

I know that 95s are popular in the Florida, but I haven't seen these doubled in Northern California. I actually have some single 95s since they were the preferred tanks when I dove in Austin. However, they sit in the garage every weekend while I dive double LP85s.

ae3753:
LG Diver,

It was good to meet you today. As I mentioned, I took the Mini Doubles, and for us it was a great introduction to doubles diving. Here's my class report.

Ultimately, we chose to dive doubles because of caves. However, at the time of Mini Doubles, we were just out there learning, and had no intention of diving doubles.

Since your LDS is next door to us, PM me if you want to try some tanks.

I know that 95s are popular in the Florida, but I haven't seen these doubled in Northern California. I actually have some single 95s since they were the preferred tanks when I dove in Austin. However, they sit in the garage every weekend while I dive double LP85s.

H Don,

It was great meeting you and Elissa, Ben, Rob, Delia, Jonathan, Ted, and everyone else yesterday (my apologies, I know I met a few other very nice folks, whose names escape me at the moment). Diving with Ben and Rob on the first dive was very cool, despite my little battle with my drysuit while Ben was practicing a bag shoot :( Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, Jonathan very generously offered to let me use his X-scooter for dive two, and Delia, Ben, Rob and I scootered out to the barge. Unbelievable is the only way I can describe it. Since Delia wasn't around to watch my drysuit acrobatics on the first dive, I decided I'd demo it all again for her. She wasn't kidding when she said that scooters can hide bad buoyancy skills. It's amazing how much air you can trap in your drysuit without realizing it if you're not on top of things as you're ascending while scootering.

Despite my spastic outbreaks in front of everyone, I had an incredible time. I'll definitely be taking you up on the offer to try out some doubles soon. Looks like I need to start a "doubles and scooter" fund. :D

Thanks again to everyone,
John

Oh, great, you hooked up with the wonderful Monterey crew I dove with in October. You couldn't have better companions, although their company can be EXTREMELY expensive in the long run :D

Hmmmm, let's see. The Christmas/birthday/Father's Day wishlist now goes:

double x7-100's
new regs
new wing
can light
scooter :11:

Ben_ca:
.... Now if you go broke because of scooter lust don't blame me :)

Oh, don't worry my wife will blame all of you equally :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom