Why did you go Tech, or not?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like caves. I find it easier diving in caves than a lot of the recreational dives I do in the ocean actually.
That's what a lot of folks tell me, but I've lost a few really good friends who were better divers than I'll ever be, and all in caves.

That's what a lot of folks tell me, but I've lost a few really good friends who were better divers than I'll ever be, and all in caves.

When something goes wrong, your options are a lot more limited so from that point of view cave diving is more dangerous. And possibly some features of cave diving might encourage complacency. But having been lost at sea, faced an aggressive shark, dealt with crazy currents and rough seas, been nearly run over by a boat, swum in zero viz and so on, I find it very relaxing to cave dive in comparison.

When something goes wrong, your options are a lot more limited so from that point of view cave diving is more dangerous. And possibly some features of cave diving might encourage complacency. But having been lost at sea, faced an aggressive shark, dealt with crazy currents and rough seas, been nearly run over by a boat, swum in zero viz and so on, I find it very relaxing to cave dive in comparison.
You know, I've been through all those things (and a few more). I know them and I can plan for them and I can deal with them. But I flash on Parker struggling with his last breath thirty feet from safety and I think, "that's not for me."

You know, I've been through all those things (and a few more). I know them and I can plan for them and I can deal with them. But I flash on Parker struggling with his last breath thirty feet from safety and I think, "that's not for me."

Fair enough. I can understand your point of view, especially given there have been three deaths in Australian caves in the last year or so after about thirty years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom