Why Cape Ann?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MSilvia

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've been wondering lately why so many divers flock to Cape Ann. Is it just because Beneath the waters of Massachusetts Bay says there are a lot of good sites there, and the clubs and LDSs all fell into step? Why not follow the road less travelled and dive the many interesting (if less well documented) sites on the south shore (for example)?

I'm thinking I might hit Cape Ann less this coming season, and get to know the other sites better. If nothing else, the bugs will be less picked over.

I also want to talk to some of the dive shops (and divers) down that way. If nothing else, it'll give me something to do over the winter. Maybe I'll work up a skeleton for a new guide book...

great question. maybe its like a school of fish, they all follow one another.

I would love to experience other sites within same driving range. We could dive sites next season ( I dive wet ) and start putting togeter detailed notes on sites for all of us to leverage.

to answer your question, there seems to be a good amount of info on cape anne sites but I was unable to find detailed info on south shore sites when I looked a few yrs ago and just never looked if updated info was posted.

because they are WAY too overused. I dive from my boat or go places that aren't listed in guide books. My general rule is that if CAD lists it, I don't go. A friend of mine lives on the South Shore and we have had some great diving from his boat. We did a shore dive from an area called Beetle's (because that's what the rocks look like at low tide) that I believe is in Plymouth. Unreal vis one day in the 50' range and we got bugs too. I plan on concentrating on that area for next Spring but as long as the lobsters are still around up on the North Shore, I'm up there.

Back
Top Bottom