Why can't the 30/30 be used for cold water too?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaFeenD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Why is the 30/30 only suitable for tropical diving? As long as the suit keeps you dry shouldn't it be able to keep you warm in any conditions so long as the undergarment is appropriate?

Why is the 30/30 only suitable for tropical diving? As long as the suit keeps you dry shouldn't it be able to keep you warm in any conditions so long as the undergarment is appropriate?

Main reason is it's cut a lot "leaner" since you'd use very thin undergarments in a tropical suit. Check my legs in this pic:

RJP3.JPG

Another reason... it ain't got no feet:

DUI-3030womens-2.jpg

That said, I wear my suit in cold water all the time. In fact wore it in Curacao not long ago...

:eyebrow:

Nice photo RJP!

Yes that's correct. You could wear the 30/30 in any temperature. But the cut of the 30/30 is designed to be worn with lightweight divewear. So most divers would find it very hard if not impossible to wear thick divewear... or enough to keep them comfortable in very cold waters.

You can have boots attached to the 30/30 if you select that option.

So most divers would find it very hard if not impossible to wear thick divewear... or enough to keep them comfortable in very cold waters.

Ditching 38lbs at the surface might make room for more undergarments :wink:

Ditching 38lbs at the surface might make room for more undergarments :wink:

Don't think I haven't already crossed that bridge mentally!

Pretty sure my TLS-350 will still fit, but my XL 30/30 might be heading for E-Bay soon, as I see a custom sized "Medium - Tall" in my future.

Was much easier to buy clothing - and drysuits - as a 6'2" 210lb guy than a 6'2" 170lb guy.

that size might work i am looking at one but i think large tall is ideal for me. pm me with details if you want to sell it.

Back
Top Bottom