Who's Who's list CSSP Fri-24th.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The Texas Swamp Divers had a good group of wonderful folks show up and dive yesterday at CSSP. The weather was great with mild temps. and a cooling breeze,,,,,patchy to mostly cloudy. The lakes vis was around 20ft./temp. at 82f before the chill... with tons of fish on the move...... 2 in the group even claim to have spotted the ALLIGATOR!!! A few buddy dives//group dive and solo dives were made.

*Jim aka Seahunt from Allen,,,, super nice guy!
*Gary aka Catch22 from Plano,,,great diver and trip photoman!
*Kenny aka kman458 from Brownwood,,,, what a friendly fellow with some new great SCUBA gear!!!
*Brenda/campmama from Brownwood (Kenny's better half),,,, she claims to be a newbie but she can handle her gear like a pro!!! PS-- THANKS for the YUMMY brownies Brenda.
*Jeff aka Mahhz from OK City,,,, he gets the prize for longest trip!!!!
*Alan aka texdiveguy from Arlington,,,, not much to say about this fellow-lol.

I know I enjoyed meeting each of my fellow TSDers,,,,thanks for a fun day.
Alan

Sounds like Jim's "Board buddy" might have been Gary (Catch22). Gary is the one from Plano, and Jim (SeaHunt) is from Allen.

Sounds like a great crew! Anytime Brenda/Campmom is around, you won't go hungry! :thumb:

Friday's are the best out there! Wish we could have joined you, but alas, work interfered. Sounds like yall had a blast, thanks for sharing.

Foo

ScubaTexan:
Sounds like Jim's "Board buddy" might have been Gary (Catch22). Gary is the one from Plano, and Jim (SeaHunt) is from Allen.

Thanks ScubaTexan....you are right,,,I had brain freeze!

I second Alan's observations; it was a great day to dive. It was a sunny day with a few clouds thrown in for the fun of it, mild temps, and viz was better than usual.

Catch22 and I managed two dives, the first was my longest dive to date at one hour thirty-two minutes, and by the end, my throat was absolutely raw from breathing the dry air. This is the dive that we came across the gator. I've been diving this place for over two years and had never run across it. This time is was a pure accident cause the water was murky in the area and I just happened to see a "shape" that looked odd. Sure enough, it was that elusive Wally Gator. Catch took a few pics as proof we found it.

Alan joined us on the second go round, and since he won't say nice things about himself, I will. If you happen on Alan out at CSSP, or any where else, he the guy with the big smile, and quick handshake. To top it off, he's a great diver. Very smooth and effortless in the water. A natural if you ask me. Then again, he's been doing it for quite some time.

Didn't get to dive with Kenny and Brenda, but had a great time meeting and talking them. I was impressed with Kenny's Dive Rite wing setup with twin bladders and the steel 120 attached. If I had that much air on my back, I could stay down for hours!

Also, I met Jeff from OKC just before we pulled away. He seems like a great young man and I'm anxious to hear what he has to say about his first experience diving at the swamp known as CSSP.

Jim

I'll put in my cheers for the past two days of diving at CSSP. AWESOME comes to mind.

It was a pleasure to meet all of you, Alan, Gary and Jim on Friday. The diving was great, it was my first time in the water, as I have ear problems. But I am blessed as Kenny took me to ScubaToys on the way home and bought me a ProEar mask to try. :07:

Day two did not dawn as early as I would have liked. You see I was tired from trying to keep up with Kman's long legs. Seems that is the story of my life, I just get where I can keep up on land and now he takes it to a new low...lol.

Jeff, you take care of that ear. Glad you are going to see the Doc on Monday, and we were more than glad to loan you the equipment so you could have a great time at CSSP.

Thomas, was good to see you again and get to visit. Kenny had a great time diving with you. And I want to thank you for your help with the EZ-UP. :10: Just can't say enough about a guy with a tool box when you need one, lol.

Dee, thanks for the complement, it is just my nature to nurture as anyone who has met Kenny can attest to. Some who know him well will tell you he is spoiled rotten. I did it, yep I did. :wink:

Anyway, I had a great time and a great B-day weekend. Got a new Zeagle Zena BCD and love it, a new ProEar Mask, a weekend out of Brown County, a steak dinner that I didn't have to clean up after, visit with new and not so new dive friends. And we won't go into the cruise coming up next month :eyebrow:

Later all,

Brenda

texdiveguy:
*Jeff aka Mahhz from OK City,,,, he gets the prize for longest trip!!!!

.........and least amount of dives!

Like I said in the other post, I appreciate all the help you guys gave me over the weekend, everything from equipment, to maps, to medecine. I'm going to try and make it back down there when my ear heals, there was so much there that I didn't get a chance to look at. I'd like to make it to the DUI drysuit days in November.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom