Who’s going to DEMA this year 2022?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wonder how well it will be attended this year?
I was there today opening day and compared to 2019(before covid) I was shocked at how absolutely packed with attendees all the booths were. It's jammed.

20221101_095628.jpg

Every exhibitor I spoke with is very happy with the 1st day. 50% of my time was spent in seminars and the other half was on the floor at all different times. I know that each booth has something new ,, but I really try to look for things that are "outside the box thinking" . 2 items for me (others will chime in with theirs)

1st one was the folding fins. Very unusual and it was solid, stiff, and a great travel option you could almost fit in a briefcase to go diving after your business meeting.

20221101_103623.jpg

The other item is for anyone like me, that has been a tank filler. Nuvair has a refrigerated Nitrox compressor. Now you may think that's great because the shop doesn't have to use a water tub to cool tanks being filled. This is partially correct. But the real benefit is filter performance and life. Refrigeration removes both heat and moisture. Each of these just crushes and kills filter cartridges like CO and carbon particle filters. Most importantly it will significantly extend the life of the filters.

20221101_113938.jpg

I have run into atleast a hundred divers that I know, just on the first day & talking to all of them. I started at 7:30 today and have more classes and meetings for the next 2 days. Lastlym I was talking to one of the DAN doctors that I know and he kinda rattled my brain by giving me a different way to think about CO and why depth is so unbelievably critical. But that's another discussion.

As said above, I'm pleasantly surprised at the turn out, even if some regulars couldn't make it. Hope others chime in with their thoughts if they are/were on the floor over the next couple of days.

@Johnoly I just got in. Will be there tomorrow. Funny thing-some vendors are complaining that it’s much smaller than usual. I’ll check myself. This is #12 for me.

We got there at 3:00 today, after flying in. Made a general walk through to get an idea who all was there. It was nice to put a few faces to names. Tomorrow I’ll start talking to more people. This is my first show and I liked what I saw but I have nothing to compare it to.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom