Who switched off th lights ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wantonmien

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
After all the effort a few years back to this "Taiwan" corner of the forum opened - looks like someone swiched off the lights on the diving scene in Taiwan ? .... No new posts in here for months ?

Wantonmian,

Hao jiu bu jian!

Most English-speaking divers don't post here much, do they? And it's always been mostly expats, as the Taiwanese divers tend to discuss diving in Chinese in other media …

I've moved up north to Taipei since I last saw you, and did a lot of north coast dives in August -October … underrated, for sure! A nice change of ecosystem from Kending. We were seeing blue-ringed octopuses, ghost pipefish, frogfish, etc. on dive after dive: it was fantastic. We got some of our Southern Taiwan buddies to come up north for the long weekend and had awesome dives; later, some of us rendezvoused on Green Island for Western new year. About 7 or 8 of us are going to Sogod Bay in the Philippines at Chinese New Year -- why don't you and Vange join us?

I'm in cave country, Florida, right now, but we're (i.e., a group of expats in Taiwan, most of whom you know) meeting in Sogod Bay on the 10th. Looks like Kenting for 2/28 long weekend and of course we'd love to have you join us there, too.

Cheers,
M

Nee Hao M,

Good to hear you are still around and now enjoying the North - so now you know why my trips to Kenting were not too often - I assume DN or CS showed you the 'secret' walls and best sites up there ? Saw a few pic through FB of our joint Welsh friend & KAO aircraft mechanic trip to Green Island, heard it was 'cold' but worth it - though no trip to try see the hammers this time ?

If I'd known Sogod was on the agenda sooner, I might well have made it over, but too late to arrange now, but next time hey. Don't miss the Padre Burgos night dive there, so much life and in only 6m or so of water you'll be down there a few hours !

All well over in Australia, managed a good dive trip to Vanuatu at Christmas, and just looking forward to the next one - might also change country of work within a few months time - and hope to get a week in Taiwan beforehand, so will let you know.

Cheers

Hsin Nien Gwai Lu :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom