who offers unlimited nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Free" nitrox is pretty much the standard these days on Bonaire, I am not aware of any shops that don't offer it. I would suggest you recondsider an all inclusive that includes food (other than breakfast). There are way too many good places to eat on Bonaire to be stuck at one resort and you can always change your mind and eat at the resort if you choose. For lunch we just get sandwich items at one of the stores,

Don't confuse "included in the price you pay" with "free" as they are different concepts.

:D

Agree on blowing off an AI package. We went with a package at Plaza that included breakfast. Then we did PB&J, etc for lunch and then spent the savings on nice dinners out each night.

Don't confuse "included in the price you pay" with "free" as they are different concepts.

:D

so true

We have been meeting folks at The Plaza for the past 6 years. Our week package included nitrox, 11 boats dives, unlimited shore, truck (w/ FULL insurance) and breakfast. The Plaza went all inclusive this year so I will be interested to see how the costs net out. We really enjoy the restaurants on the island so I'm sure we will still have several nights out. But the last few years we really ended up doing lunch there after the boats dives and before we hit the shore dives. Also the package included the Tues night beach bbq. I suspect it will not cost us any more this year than in the past. Oh and yes, the new web site could use work...

Ok, but what do you call it when the price for a non-nitrox diver is the same as a nitrox using diver? Are they gouging the non-nitrox diver? Or is the nitrox diver getting a free upgrade?

wwguy; you can get free nitrox with packages at Captain Don's. That said; I wouldn't go back there unless the trip was free.

you can get free nitrox with packages at Captain Don's. That said; I wouldn't go back there unless the trip was free.

well thats not exactly a ringing endorsement. haha

anyone ever used "tropical divers". i posted a thread looking for opinions but have had no replies at all.

wwguy; you can get free nitrox with packages at Captain Don's. That said; I wouldn't go back there unless the trip was free.

The image below is from the Habitat Dive Packages page link on the Habitat website today. There's nothing advertised there that indicates free nitrox upgrades, with packages or otherwise. I've been aware of this for a couple of years and have seen it discussed in other threads. If you got free upgrades I'm guessing it was likely an exception rather than their rule. Perhaps part of a negotiated group rate?

For the OP, my current favorite dive operation is Dive Friends Bonaire. They have multiple sites, competitive rates, free nitrox, and consistently good fills. We just returned from 3 weeks on Bonaire and got nitrox from them for all of our diving. Fills were 3000+ psi and 32-33 EAN. Occasionally I found a tank that was ~2800 psi, but some were also 3300 to 3400. You can guess which tanks I took! We don't boat dive, so I can't comment on that too much. But word is that they only run their boats to the sites you can't access from shore.

habitat_rates.JPG

The image below is from the Habitat Dive Packages page link on the Habitat website today. There's nothing advertised there that indicates free nitrox upgrades, with packages or otherwise...Perhaps part of a negotiated group rate?
Yes, most likely. I should have stated that I was part of a 26 diver group. That much money commands discounts and deals.[

well thats not exactly a ringing endorsement. haha
No...No, it's not.

There's a review on tripadvisor that says this resort is coasting on it's reputation from the 70's. Truer words were never spoken.

When other resorts are remodeling, expanding, offering free nitrox, renting their own vehicles, installing drive thru tank exchanges, and improving their restaurants, this resort is truely stangnant.

anyone ever used "tropical divers"

thx for all the input everyone !!!

so no one has used tropical divers ?? anyone know anything about them ?? there's a link below to their web site

Home

Back
Top Bottom