Question Who makes LARGE boots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I'm trying to get in to scuba diving, my LDS has courses, I'm ready to pull the trigger and start my underwater journey. My problem, to be frank, is my size. I'm 6 foot 7, 285 lbs. I understand that I may have to go down the custom wetsuit road, but before I even get my feet wet in my first pool dive, I need to figure out boots. It can be a challenge to find size 15 shoes, and scuba boots are proving to be more of a challenge.

Can someone recommend makes/brands that can accommodate those of us with size 15 feet?

pretty much any $15 water shoe on amazon will work for warm water diving. If you are going to be diving cold water, there is a plethora of rock boots you can choose from.

you can also pretty much dive in sneakers so long as they let water out and dry reasonably well. I spent years diving in chuck taylors and I loved them.

I think it is more of an issue with wide feet. I really enjoy wearing the Converse I purchased for diving last year. I replaced the laces with elastic bungee, but I have also seen lots of people that kept the original laces. Available in large sizes and less expensive than most scuba specific boots. These are 14 wide. Stay away from light colors as they get stained easily.

I'm 6'3" 265 and really like my Sharkskin 2 piece. Very stretchy and much easier than trying to put on a one piece wetsuit.
Converse.jpg

Aqualung also makes decent size 15 booties. As another big guy, I would suggest checking out Pinnacle wetsuits. Their sizing is pretty friendly to us big and tall divers. The Tempo series wetsuits are my favorites, but they seem to have discontinued them.

Thank you guys, I'll take a look. I had come across the mares online, in size 15, but the mares website only lists up to size 13, so I was concerned it may be a rip off/fraud/something not on the up and up. Ill look in to aqualung as a plan b....

Again, thank you very much, I was getting more then a little frustrated

I'm trying to get in to scuba diving, my LDS has courses, I'm ready to pull the trigger and start my underwater journey. My problem, to be frank, is my size. I'm 6 foot 7, 285 lbs. I understand that I may have to go down the custom wetsuit road, but before I even get my feet wet in my first pool dive, I need to figure out boots. It can be a challenge to find size 15 shoes, and scuba boots are proving to be more of a challenge.

Can someone recommend makes/brands that can accommodate those of us with size 15 feet?

check with diver supply i bought size 14 booties if i recall they had 15 also

+1: Water shoes or Cenverses with neoprene socks

I have a pair of 7mm High Tide Rangers in size 15.
You might have to look around online for them but they are a military boot and very rugged. Then you’ll need a fin to go over them. I used Scubapro Jet fins size XXL which are now size XXXL.
There was another bootie I had in size 15 that was more lighter recreational type. They’re out there, you just have to look around.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom