Who is going in September 2015?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And I guess you can call it 'working' as long as you have a great bladder or you like peeing on trees. Or you can walk to caleta, which has bathrooms. And I am sure that loading zone will be great when many more boats are trying to use it. But now that it is 'open' they are actually working on it, so that is nice. Lots of building. Be nice to have a beer cooler in the marina again.
I wanted to reverify but at the top of the new Marina's ramp are two temporary trailers, the northern one appears to be the construction office, the southern one is a two room (male / female) very nice multiple person portable restroom. It's clean modern, airconditioned and, drumroll please, free. I loved the character on the old Caleta but a nice free restroom is a pretty good start on a bribe.

I wanted to reverify but at the top of the new Marina's ramp are two temporary trailers, the northern one appears to be the construction office, the southern one is a two room (male / female) very nice multiple person portable restroom. It's clean modern, airconditioned and, drumroll please, free. I loved the character on the old Caleta but a nice free restroom is a pretty good start on a bribe.

Holy crap! Seriously? That trailer has been there since it opened! AND I paid 5 pesos, two weeks ago to use the old one with the closed sign. The girl was still there taking MX nickels!

Well, I tried, for the sake of the scubaboarders- but I could not find a balloon hat while I was in Cozumel. (I spent the day on the beach at Mr. Sanchos, not walking around the chain bars.) I even tried to find someone on the pier with one that would let me wear it for a picture, but alas, none was to be found. I feel like I failed as a cruiser.

Mr. Sanchos was a nice day, but hanging around on a beach just isn't for me. I did get to go stand up paddle boarding which was amazing. And I saw a SINGLE angel fish while snorkeling. I missed diving!

Kevin had a great day out with Alison, and will hopefully post a review/photos later. He said he did 62 minutes at Palancar Wall (?) and 90 minutes at Columbia shallows. He doesn't recommend Anthony's Key Resort in Roatan, at least not off a cruise ship! Dives were timed at 40 minutes (!) and at least 10 of that was waiting for people to equalize. Then a dumb ass divemaster unclipped one of his fins for him (without asking or telling him what he was doing!) as he was pulling it off- which means he had already unclipped the other side, so the strap disappeared into the deep. Why would someone do that? Now we need to look for a replacement. Really made us appreciate all the fine Cozumel DM's we've had!

Can everyone tell me the September dates and weather you experienced? I keep reading warnings that September is the rainy season.... TIA!

I'm here now but will be back in September. It's blazing hot. I don't worry about the weather just go.

I keep reading warnings that September is the rainy season

The "warnings" you read are correct: 23 September is statistically the peak of rainy season.

I've been in Cozumel near the end of September every year for quite a while. We've certainly had rain for some of that time. Most of the time, we have not.

It's the tropics, so rain is never particularly unlikely. Cozumel has what's called a "tropical monsoon climate with short dry season" (Köppen Am), the same as Miami.

I'm here now but will be back in September. It's blazing hot. I don't worry about the weather just go.

Yeah, it was nice at the beginning of last week, then it warmed right up. And, yes, September tends to be toasty.

Can everyone tell me the September dates and weather you experienced? I keep reading warnings that September is the rainy season.... TIA!
Zombie thread alert, this was last years September thread.

As to the general weather in September I have spent the last 3 years doing about 10 days each month from September thru December on the island. The weather varies in September and October from really rainy (2013) to very pleasant last year. Reguardless the diving has always been good and actualy Sebtember is my favorite time of the year since the water is warm and the dive sites are relativly empty. One thing to be careful about this year is that Cozumel is hosting the world triathlon championships from the 11-18th and it appears the events will be centered on the marina so many of the dive ops may be impacted.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom