Who here knows anything about Old Trucks...Like a '58 Dodge D100?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been overruled. My folks decided to keep their truck.

I will drive it eventually.

Take some steps to preserve it, then. Drain the fuel system (first!). Flush the brake fluid with new if you can get the bleed screws to loosen without breaking. Drain the cooling system and refill with new coolant. Squirt some oil into the cylinders and turn the engine over by hand several times with the spark plugs out. Hook up a good battery and turn it over faster with the starter (but not for too long). Get the weight off the springs and put blocks under the frame. There's probably something I'm missing but if it's not already too late, this should help considerably.

Just another 2 PSI...

Take some steps to preserve it, then. Drain the fuel system (first!). Flush the brake fluid with new if you can get the bleed screws to loosen without breaking. Drain the cooling system and refill with new coolant. Squirt some oil into the cylinders and turn the engine over by hand several times with the spark plugs out. Hook up a good battery and turn it over faster with the starter (but not for too long). Get the weight off the springs and put blocks under the frame. There's probably something I'm missing but if it's not already too late, this should help considerably.

Just another 2 PSI...
My dad is going to start restoration and repair. It's no longer going to be sitting in the garage. But thanks for the advice.

Uhm, mine was a bit rusty, but it was a Fargo. It would do almost 60 mph down hill and it shook like crazy. The front hood had 2 wings that opened up on each side. Cute.

It had a real nasty hemi V8. Burnt lots of gas, Burnt more oil. I bought it in high school and sold it in university.
My dad tells stories about taking it camping, and having to bring as much oil as they did gas.

Back
Top Bottom