Who has dived BOTH a Transpac II and a BP?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

......is now my pool BC. It was my 1st BC.

I dive BP and wings in open water. I have Fred T plates (Aluminum, and a Stainless Heavy plate) I also have a 5llb STA . I have Dive-Rite and Halcyon wings.

For Carribean Trips, with a 3 mil fullsuit, I like my heavy plate with my 27lb Halcyon wing with the "built-in STA". I need 1 lb to be neutral at the end of the dive!!

But perhaps you'd like more ditchable weight!! :wink:

:)

and their harness kit. Decided to quit thinking about this and get it over with.

Is the Pioneer wing the only one that has the stabilizer bars sewn into it so a single tank will stay put without an STA, or do any other brands have that?

Right now. Halcyon is the only one with the rods in it...

Oxycheq has a wing that they just came out with.. It has the holes to run your straps through... But it doesn't have the rods... So you have to use a STA...

Some prefer STA's.. Some don't... And Oxycheq's wing has only been on the market for around a month...

I like the full backplates.. I didn't like the cutout style... But you might enjoy it.... Personal preference...

On trips I use my Heavy SS backplate now. With a Halcyon 27lb wing. With a 3mm full suit. I need zero ditchable weight... In Salt water... Not how everyone should dive... But I like it... If you're worried go with a AL backplate.. Which saves around 9lbs of weight. I used to. But I prefer the Stainless so I don't have to wear a weight belt...

At home I use a HP100 and a AL backplate. And need zero weight. My HP's are fabers and are around 14lbs negative... PST's are different...

I borrowed a TPII from my LDS for a weekend and did not like enough to purchase one. Since then I bought a Transplate with STA and the Oxycheq 30lb Signature wing -- it is the most comfortable rig I have ever used in 20 years of diving.

boffo:
I borrowed a TPII from my LDS for a weekend and did not like enough to purchase one. Since then I bought a Transplate with STA and the Oxycheq 30lb Signature wing -- it is the most comfortable rig I have ever used in 20 years of diving.

Congratulation!!!
Resurecting 3 years old thread.:wink:

isn't there a contest going on that there's a prize for resurrecting the oldest thread?

i'm gonna dig up an old WAR HAMMER MANEUVER thread!!!!

Don't pay attention to them, they're just mad that you brought life back to this thread.

You two run off and post something in the exploding tank thread......................

meekal:
isn't there a contest going on that there's a prize for resurrecting the oldest thread?

if there is one, than i am claiming this thread :10:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom