Who dove on New Years Day?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Groundhog246

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So did you get wet yesterday? I managed a short dip at Humber (just enough to say I was in). Got just over 30 feet, vis was 3 to 4 feet (my buddy who's just over 6 feet commented after on looking back between his legs and NOT seeing his own fins and water temp was 34F. Great couple of hours socializing afterward though, so all in all a good day (certainly beats a day at work hands down).

6 of us braved the cold water (32 degrees) at the Prescott docks. Viz was great. Sun came out during the dive, it was pretty nice. Turned out to be a great dive day, followed by some food shared with friends in front of a warm fireplace.

Groundhog246:
So did you get wet yesterday?

I went down with my buddies to blow some bubbles in Deer Island, New Brunswick. The Bay of Fundy was a balmy 46 F at the surface and 41 F at the bottom.

Happy New Year!

--
André in Fredericton

Went to Possum Kingdom with 9 others and dove. Water temp about 51 F. Viz less then 3 feet. Any dive to me is a great dive. After the dive, we got a tour of the park. There was plenty of deer roaming, sky full of vultures, even a few goats around. Afterwards we ate at Dairy queen. It was a great New Years day adventure.

We did Big Bay Point, Lake Simcoe. Depth was 96 FSW,Temp 34F,T/T of dive 45 Min. The only way in and out of the water was by using one of the steel ladders at the end of the dock after having cleaned one of encrusted ice. Vis was about 20 feet.

We ran 2 charters to the beloved Tiller wreck in Lake Ontario. Got 2 30 min dives in. Water was a warm 38, vis was 100+ft. On the surface we had a lot of fun in the waves.....

A great way to start 2005.

gathan:
We did Big Bay Point, Lake Simcoe. Depth was 96 FSW,Temp 34F,T/T of dive 45 Min. The only way in and out of the water was by using one of the steel ladders at the end of the dock after having cleaned one of encrusted ice. Vis was about 20 feet.

Was it iced over to the beach??

Twister:
Was it iced over to the beach??

Yes, the ice ran almost to the end of the dock on both sides.

A bunch went to the Conestoga at Cardinal but I couldn't make it. It was a great day, sunny and bright. I wish I could have been there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom