Who dove in Dongala? ( Prince John resort )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How is the flight from balikpapan to Palu?

It's a 45 min. flight. AFAIK, only Batavia Airlines does that trip, daily though.

.....I'm not too sure though if I got your question right!?

For what it's worth, I spent about a week at Tanjung Karang (the beach near Dongala) back in 2002. I was not a diver at the time, but I enjoyed going out on the Prince John boat snorkelling with the divers. A beautiful area, with some good white sand beaches, palm trees, and a nice coral reef in front of Prince John resort. When I was there no electricity at the bungalows I stayed at (apart from resteraunt area), just kerosene lamps. This was at Natural Cottages, a very simple resort. The Prince John resort looked quite good to me, but I was looking for the cheaper backpacker thing!

I can't say much about the diving, except that I saw great corals snorkelling, and the divers on the boat enjoyed themselves, and talked about sharks. We had dolphins at the bow of the boat, saw sea eagles, jumping sailfish, monkeys in the forest on an island, etc.. I had a good time there.

Natural Cottages:
natural_cottages.jpg

sunset_tanjung_karang.jpg

tanjung_karang_beach.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom