Who does AOW in the ocean?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grouchyturtle

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any LDS who do AOW dives in the Atlantic.

Seems everyone does it at Dutch.

It would be a bit of a drive for you, but I know Hampton Dive does. You can get a hotel room for the weekend. That's what I did when we AOW'd at DS.

I did my AOW right here off shore in SC. Had a blast. R

RavenC once bubbled...
I did my AOW right here off shore in SC. Had a blast. R

That's the way to go! Taking your AOW in the most challenging conditions you'll dive regularly makes good sense.

Having said that, The Keys sounds pretty cool too :)

I did my AOW in Key Largo.
I was happy about it. I needed a vacation anyway.
Did the deep dive on the Duane, I guess now a days you’d probably do the Grove.
The night dive was awesome, although not required anymore, I’d strongly suggest it.
And at least there’s a little fish variety for underwater naturalist.
If you never been off a boat…well, all your dives will be off a boat.

I held an AOW in the Keys last year and there is no comparisons. Not only did the students get the real thing, we dove on wrecks and navigated on reefs. NAUI still requires a Night Dive and no better place tha to do Looe or Sombereo reefs.

In addition we had a little weather to deal with so the extra benefit was alternate dive sites and dealing with the waves.

AOW at Dutch can also be a good way to start your AOW. If you take the course from me you will finish it on a boat dive off Jersey or Delaware.

This is a drive for you as well. But In Jamestown RI at Ocean State Scuba. They are a great staff, heated pool for class and great shore and dive boat access.

scuyak.com is their web site.

My wife and I took our OW courses their. and we can see that we got the best training available

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom