Who dives with their 5D Mk II?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I see no wrong with that. Im just stating why the numbers might seem a bit skewed..
If I could, I would get a 5d MkII with UW house and stuff myself, but then were talking a 4k or so? USD setup and I have other stuff Id like to get as well.
The stupid choices we have to make.. If I just won the lottery...

I recently completed my divemaster internship in the Philippines over 7 weeks. I used my Canon S95 setup for the most part while diving there. That being said I'm finally looking into getting a housing for my 5D MarkII. I find I've pushed the S95 to the max (mainly with video). The Dynamic range just isn't there, (specially going down below 15m). I'm hoping to get my instructor rating sometime early next year, and I'm hoping to get a housing by then.

I use the 5D mark 2. Ikelite housing, 2 ds 125 strobes, 17-40 mm L lens, 15mm fisheye, 100 mm 2.8 L macro. It is an incredible camera. I love the video. Custom white balance at depth and the color on video is great.
The ikelite housing is just too big. You can't look through the viewfinder and access the controls. A subal is on my wishlist, but right now it's just not in the budget.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom