Who are is the dive ops?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Altamira

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can anyone tell me who are the current dive ops for Carnival and Royal Caribbean in Roatan, Belize, Cozumel, and Grand Cayman? Yes, I know the ship's dive excursions are more expensive and often not as good as some you can book on your own (at least in my experience), but the last time my wife was in Coz, if she had not been on a ship's excursion she would have missed the boat. So now we have a limiting factor for dives. Any current information is appreciated. Thank you.

Can anyone tell me who are the current dive ops for Carnival and Royal Caribbean in Roatan, Belize, Cozumel, and Grand Cayman? Yes, I know the ship's dive excursions are more expensive and often not as good as some you can book on your own (at least in my experience), but the last time my wife was in Coz, if she had not been on a ship's excursion she would have missed the boat. So now we have a limiting factor for dives. Any current information is appreciated. Thank you.

I think Anthonys Key Resort (AKR) does most of the cruise excursions in Roatan, but I have no idea who handles RCCL or Carnival at the other ports.

Did the ship leave earlier than expected or was it an extremely short stop? Just curious how she would have missed the cruise ship. Most of the Dive Ops are aware of the cruise ships schedule and accomodate you accordingly. We dove with Aldora in Cozumel, and they were like 2 blocks from our pier. We walked to their shop and dove for 86 bucks including rental equipment.

My son and I dove at Roatan, Cozumel, and Costa Maya (Mahahual)in July and we didn't book any through the cruise line. Needless to say, we didn't have any trouble.

Belize and Cayman require tenders to get off/back to the ship so that would cause me to go through the ship,(just me), but Roatan and Cozumel shouldn't be a problem to accomodate the cruise line schedule.

We ported in Belize, and didn't dive. After doing a lot of research, I found that unless I had a big group, I couldn't book locally anyway. My son wanted to chill at one of our stops, so it was any easy decision as to where not to dive.

Carnival uses sand dollar in Coz and Don Fosters in Cayman. I wouldn't use Sand Dollar though. I can already tell you that you will dive Santa Rosa for 35 minutes an San Clemente for 40. Don't know how they are in general but they suck as a cruise ship op. Don Fosters is okay

Cayman is Don Fosters

In Roatan, Ocean Connections is a good op. Once you make your escape from Mahogany Hell, they have transportation arranged and waiting.

They are also good about returning emails quickly.

EDIT: They are not the official dive operators for the cruise lines. I think well of them and should write a review.

Last edited:
She did not miss the ship because she was using the ship's contracted op. Because of stronger than normal winds on the west side, they had to go to the east side for calmer seas. Then when they came back to the west side, the winds had really picked up, and were so strong that the op could not get back into their dock. As a result they had to work their way to some other docking area which was farther up the coast and then taxi back. Sounded like a real goat rope.

She did not miss the ship because she was using the ship's contracted op. Because of stronger than normal winds on the west side, they had to go to the east side for calmer seas. Then when they came back to the west side, the winds had really picked up, and were so strong that the op could not get back into their dock. As a result they had to work their way to some other docking area which was farther up the coast and then taxi back. Sounded like a real goat rope.

WOW! Being on a ship excursion really paid off that day. After that fiasco, I can see where she would be partial to an excursion that wouldn't leave her stranded if it was delayed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom