Whites Nexus II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bam540

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Im in the market for a dry suit. Been taking a long look at the Whites Nexus II. Anybody out there have any experence with this suit?

bam540:
Im in the market for a dry suit. Been taking a long look at the Whites Nexus II. Anybody out there have any experence with this suit?

I just know that my big legs didn't allow me to fit any of the stock sizes...

- ChillyWaters

Have made several dives in this suit when my DUI was being repaired. It is a very good suit for the money. I would have no reservations in recommending the Nexus to someone as a first dry suit.

theskull

I used to have one (pictured in my avatar) and I liked it bunches. Nice rock boots, too. The package is a good deal, but shop price (excellent price on Nexus II at www.scubatoys.com).

The only downside to this suit is it is a bi-laminate, which means the material will not retain it's water-proof-ness as long or as well as a tri-lam.

Also, I personally had some bad luck with the zipper, but YMMV.

The only reason I replaced mine was that I had trouble reaching my valves in it and switched to a custom suit.

Rick Inman:
. . . The only reason I replaced mine was that I had trouble reaching my valves in it and switched to a custom suit.

One of my buddies also had to sell his to get a suit that would allow him to do his valve drills. If you plan to dive doubles, you better try it on before buying and make sure you can reach back to your valves while wearing it.

theskull

bam540:

Me and my buddy tried our suits out today for the first time -- she has a Nexus II. She had no problems, and was nice and warm for the hour we were in the 42F water. She wore the Whites underwear that comes with that suit.

Her suit seems very light, dries super fast, and hangs easily.

Now the question will be: how long will it last?

- ChillyWaters

ChillyWaters:
Me and my buddy tried our suits out today for the first time -- she has a Nexus II. She had no problems, and was nice and warm for the hour we were in the 42F water. She wore the Whites underwear that comes with that suit.

Her suit seems very light, dries super fast, and hangs easily.

Now the question will be: how long will it last?

- ChillyWaters

Should last many years and a great many dives. Totally depends on how rough you are on it at dive sites and how well you take care of it between dives. Be respectful of the zipper and latex components, avoid things that might tear the fabric of the suit, and try not to leave it laying on the ground where someone might walk on it or hanging it on a windy day where it might blow off and come in contact with sharp objects. These are not specific to the Nexus, but true of all drysuits.

Enjoy your suit and your warm dives in cold waters,

theskull

How big do your legs have to be for there to be a problem? Ive got big thighs! and long legs!

bam540:
How big do your legs have to be for there to be a problem? Ive got big thighs! and long legs!

I wouldn't worry too much. Just go get sized up.

I'm a runner (read: big legs, small upper body), and didn't fit the stock sizes of the Nexus. Either my legs didn't fit, or I was swimming in the upper portion of the suit. I went for a Whites Polarflex instead.

You'll never know unless you try.

- ChillyWaters

Back
Top Bottom