Whites fusion sizing and skin questions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BB1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

A few questions:

What size feet does the fusion cater for? I am a US size 15 M in shoes - need the length to get the width for my wide feet!

What size is best for me? 6' 4" and 240#

Which skin is going to be best??

I live in Australia and water temperatures are not that cold here but winter diving and cold winds during surface intervals are not pleasant!

Winter water temps down to 60F, surface temp at that time around low 50F's

Summer water temps up to 80F with surface temps and humidity reaching mid 90F's and high humidity.

Looking for something to keep me dry and warm during winter but still useable for summer deep twin tank dives where secondary buoyancy is needed.

I'm guessing more undoes in winter and maybe a thin wicking base layer in summer?

So which skin?? Bullet for longevity or lighter???

I also want pockets and the bullet seems best with pockets from what I've been reading.

Hey BB1,
For your size I would would recommend a 2XL/3Xl in either the sport or tech skin. If going with the Bullet I would recommend a 4xl as the skin is a tighter fit due to the material. If you are going for pockets I would go with the Bullet skin as it has our latest greatest pockets incorporated in it.
None of the skins will supply warmth so I would recommend some undergarments in the winter and a wicking layer such as the MK1 for the warmer days. When ordering your suit make sure to add the foot size you require so we can add our largest soft sock. The problem you may find would be getting a boot and fin pocket big enough to to fit you. As we tell our customers to go up one size from their regular shoe size when getting boots. Let us know which way you decide to go, and how it works out for you.
If you have any other questions please drop us a line anytime.
Cheers Doug.

Hi Doug,

Sorry for the delay in replying. Thanks a lot for the recommendations.

I am right at the top of the 2xl/3xl size bracket but only have to use thin undies for Australia. Would I really be better off in a 4xl for the bullet?? Seems like I am right at the bottom of a huge size range and there would be a lot of spare material.

Would a better option be a 4xl bullet skin on a 2xl/3xl drycore??

What is the largest soft sock you can do???

Lastly any sales or specials on the horizon or are these a thing of the past now................

I think the 2XL/3XL drycore with the 4XL bullet skin could be a good option. Is there anyway you can try on a 2XL/3XL suit just for comparision, that would let us know which way we should go with matching them up? The reason i'm a little hesitiate is i'm 6'1 215lbs and I find the 2XL/3XL Bullet a perfeect fit. You are bigger then me, so i'm afraid it might restrict your mobility, which defeats the purpose of the suit. Let me know what you think?
Thanks Doug.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom