Whites Fusion Rental Options......Feeler

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Right In Scuba

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
OK...Im thinking about bringing in a few Fusions for a rental basis so alot of you can try them. I think this will be great for everyone and I want to see how many would be interested in this...how it would work(open to suggestions/improvements):

Rent a Fusion Drysuit $75 includes shipping to you. You have the suit for 3 days to dive and play with. I would need a credit card and verify that money is there in case you decide to keep the suit or not return it....

BUT...if you decide to keep the one you try, or buy one, we would deduct what you paid in rental fees from the purchase price so your not out anything...AND you got to try it before you bought it.

If you choose to keep the suit longer there would be an additional per day charge of X and you are in charge of sending the suit back to us by USPS priority mail. The suit would always come back to us and we would then inspect the suit. Obviously, your responsible for damage to the suit(except due to shipping which Insurance would pick up)

I think this is a great option and Im trying to keep it pretty cheap...Normal DS rental is $35-60 a day depending on where you live

So please let me know if your interested in such a "Rental Option" or if you have any ideas on how it could work or work smoother.....

Just trying to come up with ideas to get the COOL stuff in your hands to try

This is a great idea, because I suspect most people who got to try and dive the suit would buy one! (BTW, we're having a ball cave diving in Florida in ours . . . )

I'd definitely be interested as I'm in Skagit County an Puallup's a long way away. Great idea!
Xtra Large boot size 11 please :)

I would totally jump on this. I've tried this suit on at a White's Demo Day here locally and thought it was absolutely fantastic. Unfortunately I'm probably not in a situation where I could buy one yet, but I could absolutely afford to rent one for that next cold water boat dive I've got coming at the end of March.

The only thing I might add would be a return shipping label that's prepaid so the diver doesn't have to drive it to the P.O. but can have the carrier pick up. I know this is fairly easy with UPS and FedEx, but don't know how easy or reasonable this would be with USPS. For me personally, I'm close enough to the P.O. and familiar enough on shipping so having return shipping be my responsibility would be no sweat, but others may not be as comfortable with this.

Also, I'm sure you've already thought of this, but I think you'd want to consider renting undergarments, boots, and hood, too. I'm from the old school of having sweats as your undergarments (yeah yeah, I know) but after trying on the Whites undergarments I don't want to go back to sweats. Ever.

I think pricing is very reasonable and I think you'll get some who outright buy the suit during rental. I think the suit is so good that wetsuit divers won't go back to being cold and dry suit divers will simply love the flexibility and comfort. Please keep me posted when you start this program!

Love the idea Mike!!!! But what if you have never dived dry???? Do you have to take a class
1st??? This suit really interests me....

Im probably going to have 2 of the 4 suits for rental...its a big expense and we are a newer store that doesnt have alot of capital laying around....Also, with how the suit fits, NOBODY would ever know they were in a bigger size than needed.....well until we told them we were shipping a bigger size :D but it wouldnt affect the diving at all, just a bit extra material....

With the boots, it would probably be size limited for a little while...again as the program grows, my inventory of it will as well....gotta love the growing pains :wink:

I like the idea of the undergarment rental too, hmmmmmm....now how can I afford those too :D

So Im thinking we would need a lead time of about 2 weeks before you need it to make sure you get it in time.

As for the DS class....Yes, you would need to show proper Certification before rental(liability) and/or using it for your DS class.

Now anyone Close enough to us, we would give you a free DS class with purchase...you would just have to come for the class though....but this could be as easy as meeting at: Lake Michigan, Haigh Quarry, Mermet Springs, Bonne Terre Mines, Bahamas, etc...I have trips coming up to all of them

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom