Whites Fusion Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I tried to get mine on for the first time this weekend...I got really frustrated. I only got one leg in and I was wore out. I'm not sure if the skin isn't on right or something. But it feels all twisted and bunched. I need more videos!! I'm going to try again tonight...

Just to chime in on the Fusion/boot/fin issue.
I have size 13 Evo boots and they fit well into Turtles with the 10" xs scuba springs.
So far nothing but good.

All the best,
Geoff

I'd love it if this suit came in any color other than black. With the typically low vis we have to dive in around here ... especially during the warmer months ... a suit with some brightly colored trim or piping would make me much more visible to dive buddies and students.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

On the web site they also show a RED SAR skin

Can't you put the knot on the inside of the pocket?

All the best,
Geoff

Geoff,

I have the bungee loop entirely inside the pocket in a teardrop shape instead of looped through the grommet like a circle. There's a knot on either side of the grommet to keep it in place and the loop stays entirely inside the pocket instead of sticking out.

Ralph

Last edited:
I'd love it if this suit came in any color other than black. With the typically low vis we have to dive in around here ... especially during the warmer months ... a suit with some brightly colored trim or piping would make me much more visible to dive buddies and students.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Yellow detailing on the tech skin is coming soon. It looks really nice!

I have the bungee loop entirely inside the pocket in a teardrop shape instead of looped through the grommet like a circle. There's a knot on either side of the grommet to keep it in place and the loop stays entirely inside the pocket instead of sticking out.

This is a better way to do it, anyway, as I learned over the last two weeks. It makes it much less likely that the snaps will sneak out through the corner of the pocket and grab stuff.

I had trouble with the Evo boots. They would not fit in my size large SP Jets . . . I settled for an old standby solution -- Converse High Top tennis shoes. They look funny, but fit great, work in my existing fins, and are very inexpensive.

Thanks. As I mentioned earlier, the Altera boots I tried were great but didn't fit my SP Jet fins, and I hate the thought of changing to Turtles (good fins, but not quite like SP Jets).

I'll have to give the Converses a try. What do you think about cutting the tongue out and adapting some sort of bungee lacing system?

I went out last night with big, thick wool socks in hand looking for Chucks...Had to go 2 sizes up from my regular size but I think I got a good fit. This is what I came back with...

Why get something normal, when you can get something cool!!

494256-p.jpg

Anyone having any issues with the EVO boots? I need to jam the crap out of my Beuchat fins to get them on, so I'm going to be borrowing a set of OMS Slipstreams this week to see how they fit.

Jimmer--For whatever it's worth, I had a similar issue with my current USIA drysuit which has with "regular" rubber boots and getting my Scubapro Jet fins on (and off). That is, until I discovered the wonders of silicone grease. Silicone doesn't corrode rubber and similar compunds (unlike petroleum greases--including vaseline--which will). Most dive stores carry silicone grease either in spary bottles or little plastic cans for smearing it on (the latter works best, but both work well). I prefer to lubricate the inside of the fin pockets rather than the boots; that way, I don't have any problems with slippery boots walking on the boat or to the waterline. I found that capillary tension of the water is what made the fins difficult to put on and also to take off; the silicone grease solved that part.

The assumption all along, of course, is that the fin pockets are large enough to fit over the boots. That was not the case when I tried on the Fusion with Altera boots--the boots were simply larger than the fin pockets.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom