Whites Fusion drysuit and Thermal Fusion undergarment.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a rather "dumb question" for those of you who have worn the Fusion Thermal. How in the heck do you don this undergarment. The inner layer always gets twisted to the point where I don't have even coverage throughout the body. I thought the suit had been incorrectly cut so I turned it inside out to check but everything appears to be in proper dimension. I'm guessing that as I insert one leg through, it pulls a lot of material down the leg. Tried pulling the material out but it still feels twisted.

Greatly appreciate any insight into this.

Claude

You pull it on just like the Fusion drysuit - only pull on the inside layer of fabric to to get it up your legs to the hips. Then pull up the outside layer to the waist.

...Repeat with the torso. Wearing a skin layer that's very slick on the outside (silk-like, like Under Armour) helps, too.

All the best, James

It's a very weird undergarment to get on, because the "flap" with the hand warmer pockets makes you think there is some kind of extra fabric to pull up, but there isn't. Once I figured that out, I'd get the legs up to the crotch (which I didn't think was hard) and then begin to smooth the torso upward, and put my hands in the hand-warmer pockets. That seems to get the torso straightened out nicely.

I think I know what the problem is. I don't believe the inner and outer suits have been sewn correctly, where the torso has been sown slightly twisted to the right. That's why the inner relief cutout of the inner suit always ends up on the side of my right hip. Looks like it's back to Whites. Been happy with the Fusion Drysuit, not so much on this undergarment. Sees like the same strategy of my Arctic undergarment. It's two ply fabric trying to trap the air between each other.

C.

Got my Thermal Fusion in today. I like it. Has that nice fit like my Fusion dry suit. Only thing I dont like about the undergarment, is the leg loops. They are kinda thick, with a fabric sew line right in the middle, and feel uncomfortable with street shoes or slippers on. The nice flat elastic of the MK3 was better.

Did 2 dives today with the new Thermal Fusion. I seriously love this thing. Much better flexibility, don/doffing is much easier, and venting now is a breeze compared to the Mk3.

I was able to drop 6 pounds from my MK3.

Whites scored a home run with this new undergarment. I cant suggest it highly enough if you have a Whites Fusion.

I am finding myself getting cold now, and never (or so rarely) did with my Mk3. I'm going to go with a UA Base Layer 3.0 and see if I can warm up abit.

That's what he's saying. It was not my perception when I tested the UG, but I only did three days of diving in it. But one of them was sopping wet.

Here's my gut level thoughts...

The MK3 traps alot of air. Thats why I could shed 6pds of weight. The TF doesnt trap much air. I think I need to adjust my suit air for less squeeze than I ran with the MK3. Thats one thing I suspect, but havent tried it yet. I also need to adjust my valve a few clicks from fully open to keep that air in, that the Mk3 trapped on its own. I'm also going with the UA Base Layer 3.0 to get extra thermal protection. I'll report my findings as they produce.

But for now, and for me, thermally the two are not comparable. But the TF has so many additional benefits, it's worthwhile to make it work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom