White's Fusion - available seal sizes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jax

Deplorable American
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well, I am super thrilled to have my Fusion. It's a size 2XS-XS and I was equally thrilled that it fit without seal trimming!

Except my test dive in the pool revealed that the wrists leak. I swapped undergarments after 20 minutes (just to swap undergarments; I hadn't noticed the dampness.) The second time, I pulled the seal further up my arm -- maybe an inch or so. The forearms were damp to the elbow again.

1. Do I need to pull the seals up higher on my forearm?

2. For when my seals finally need replacing . . . is there a smaller size?

(Web search sucks for recent info).

Well, I am super thrilled to have my Fusion. It's a size 2XS-XS and I was equally thrilled that it fit without seal trimming!

Except my test dive in the pool revealed that the wrists leak. I swapped undergarments after 20 minutes (just to swap undergarments; I hadn't noticed the dampness.) The second time, I pulled the seal further up my arm -- maybe an inch or so. The forearms were damp to the elbow again.

1. Do I need to pull the seals up higher on my forearm?

2. For when my seals finally need replacing . . . is there a smaller size?

(Web search sucks for recent info).
Congratulations Jax on getting your Fusion! I don't know about smaller seals. You might check with DiveRightInScuba. They are on ScubaBoard. That is where I got my Fusion and Mike was a pretty helpful guy when I was making my decisions. Did you get the conical or bottle type seals? My understanding is the bottle type would probably seal better if you have narrow wrists or tendons stand out. I have the conical seals and pull mine just behind the knotty bone on the outside of my wrist. They are super dry on me and I only get moisture when I pull the seals back off when doffing my suit. By the way, what skin did you get? Did you go EMO and get a black one like I did? :D

Congratulations Jax on getting your Fusion! I don't know about smaller seals. You might check with DiveRightInScuba. They are on ScubaBoard. That is where I got my Fusion and Mike was a pretty helpful guy when I was making my decisions. Did you get the conical or bottle type seals? My understanding is the bottle type would probably seal better if you have narrow wrists or tendons stand out. I have the conical seals and pull mine just behind the knotty bone on the outside of my wrist. They are super dry on me and I only get moisture when I pull the seals back off when doffing my suit. By the way, what skin did you get? Did you go EMO and get a black one like I did? :D

They only had a black Tech. :( Taz got Pink! I'm envious!

I think they are the conical. I started with mine up at the 'knotty bone', then I tried pulling them further up the arm. . . . Still damp.

I did check DRIS' site. Of course, I don't know enough to know what to look for!

There was another recent thread about changing wrist seals on a Fusion and IIRC the seals that DRIS recommended were the dry adhesive ones Dry Adhesive Drysuit Latex Wrist Seals - Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL

I'm thinking of changing mine too, I don't like the conical seals.

Black is EMO?? :rofl3:
That was a little inside joke from another thread. :D You can see that at the following:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/exposure-suits/360258-dry-suit-dui-vs-fusion-5.html

Riguerin was having some fun with James, and I threw a little dig back, in a comment to Jax in 2 posts later.

Back
Top Bottom