Whites Drysuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last Call

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am looking for getting my first drysuit. Our shop is handling the Whites line. What does everyone think of them. I am not looking at spending thousands on one. would this be a good one to start with. If it is what stye do you think would be the best.

I have a NEXUS 3 and like it.... very well made...

Jim...

I have had the whites bullet Fusion and did not like it at all. Sold it and bought a Santi E-lite after doing a bunch of demos.

Since you are planning on spending thousands, do yourself a favor and demo whites, DUI and Santi. Why spend that money on a suit to "start with", sounding like you will upgrade later while you can buy the best for you now for the money you are willing to spend. Do a search here on scubaboard for a wealth of information.

Good luck. Finding the perfect dry suit makes diving a pleasure you will not want to dive with a wetsuit again.

In the Whites Fusion line, I like the version with the Tech skin. It hits the sweet spot between the Sport and Bullet skins.

They are priced well, and most people can find one that fits them. The fusion is a user friendly suit to dive.

There are a lot of positives about the Fusions, I'll leave it to you to read through the numurous threads that discuss the great things about the suit.

I will list the down sides, which are in my opinion, very minor.

1.) Suit sag. I wear a rubber free dive weight belt, so this was never a problem for me.
2.) Pockets. I never liked the pockets on the tech skin. I solved the problem by removing them and sewing halcyon pockets on. You can also use pocket shorts.
3.) Donning the suit. There is a learning curve, but once you are used to it, it's not a problem. Some people really hate this aspect about the suit.

I hope this helps,

Cheers,
Mitch

I know 3 people that dive the WF I've heard not one bad word about it. I've read several reviews (just looking for anything to bust their chops with :) nothing) all good reviews. Anybody want to buy a Black Ice dry suit? :wink:

I have the bullet and love. Mine was a little older and I just put the silicon seals on this year and it is great. One of the things they teach in a drysuit class is how to recover from a feet light condition. I have not had this happen with the bullet.

I agree, the bubble moved much slower in my fusion.

-Mitch

I rent a Fusion Sport from my shop when I'm diving in colder environments. I enjoy it very much, very user friendly.

I still prefer diving wet (I drink a lot and hate having to doff a suit to go to the bathroom)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom