Whites dry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cralmic

Reaction score
Hello, I am looking to buy a used whites dry suit... It has the drysuit zippers and fleece thermal suit. Question... this suit does not have the chest inflator nor exhaust valve on the left shoulder? This suit looks like a dry suit, but what kind of dry suit does not have inflator and exhaust? The suit does have rubber seals associated with dry suit?

Another question... could I add the inflator and exhaust valve and if so how much? I am looking to buy this for 450.00 which includes both suits and 2 pair whites diving boots. Suit has been dove 4 times

What is the suit worth?

Thanks, MIke

You should look into the Whites Nexus drysuit, Thats the one im getting. Lots of good reviews on it. Thats my .02

That is a surface drysuit for Kayaking etc.

I wonder how the person who owns this suit has dove with it. It probably would squeeze the heck out of him without inflator.

Check out Scubatoys, they are clearing out the Nexus and have great prices plus 10% discount to Scubaboard members. Call Joe and see what kind of deal he's making.

kidsdream:
That is a surface drysuit for Kayaking etc.

I would have to agree... If it is then there would be no boots or soft socks attached, just a latex seal on the ankle. Also their surface suits are funky colors.

In theory you can add the all the bells and whistles to make it function like a drysuit but the seals are not meant for 100% submersion and they will leak through.

I just bought a Catalyst. It's my first ever dry suit purchase, & I LOVE IT! I believe I made a very wise decision on it (after 3 mos of research on dry suits). The Catalyst has several very nice features on it that will make life much simpler. I believe that this suit will last me a very long time & give me good service.

tstormwarning:
I just bought a Catalyst. It's my first ever dry suit purchase, & I LOVE IT! I believe I made a very wise decision on it (after 3 mos of research on dry suits). The Catalyst has several very nice features on it that will make life much simpler. I believe that this suit will last me a very long time & give me good service.

How much is a Catalyst?

Thanks everyone... I am glad I did not purchase. The suit looks like a drysuit... not funny colored. It has drysuit zippers etc, but no inflator valve which looked suspicious. Also, no valve on left shoulder. Anyway, I am not going to buy.

Thanks, Mike

Good decision. There are so many good deals right now, because they want to get next year's stuff in (and the older stuff out), that messing with having to do the valve installations just doesn't make sense.

Back
Top Bottom