Whites Bullet with Ring System - No Tool?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GregSaiz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've been happy overall with my Whites Fusion Bullet and the Si-Tech ring system. After about five dives, my silicon wrist seal blew out making silicon seem like a weak link. My buddy was kind enough to get a replacement latex seal so we didn't miss a dive.

Not wanting to risk a similar silicon neck seal failure, I purchased a latex replacement to change out before my next trip. One problem: Whites does not include a neck ring installation tool with the new suit. I didn't even know a special tool was necessary until I watched a replacement video.

Can a seal safely be replaced without the "pizza/tile cutter" looking tool? Why the heck would Whites sell a "user replaceable system" and then leave out the part that makes it user replaceable? It's kinda like selling a car with a spare tire and leaving out the jack and lug wrench....

The pizza cutter roller deal ka-bob comes with the Neck Tite system. I would contact who ever sold you the suit and ask for it.

One of our local divers blew his silicon seals almost immediately and promptly switched back to latex. Although others seem to have great success with them. *shrug*

I'm told the silicone seals have been improved now.

-Mitch

All suits with SLT that leave Whites have the tool included in the package.

I would check with your local dealer to see if it's there, but if not, it's easy to get a new one. Just let your dealers know and we will get it out.

If you need to do the replacement before you can get the tool, the blunt side of a butter knife works great. I know. :)

Wonderful! I'll contact my LDS to get the tool. Worse case, it's good to know I can use a butter knife trick (thanks TS&M).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom