Whites 360 Opinions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gcarter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Whites 360 Dry Suit
Hood
Polar Wear Undergarment
Rock Boots
Dry Gloves
Carry Bag

for $300, but it is only a deal if you can use it. I have no dry suit experience. Opinions on this kit?

TIA

If you're talking about the Catalyst 360, I did own one that was just a little too small for me. It's a solid suit, especially for $300 if it's in good condition. Just beware that a used $300 drysuit can turn into a $700 drysuit if the zipper is leaking because of damage or rotting.

I'd say the three main drawbacks to the suit were: 1) the front shoulder entry of the zipper causes your shoulders to feel bulky and a little awkward 2) the suit is made of a bilaminate w. polyurethane. Polyrethane feels more "plastic-y", "crumply", and less flexible than butyl rubber suits and 3) Whites tended to put exhaust valves near the wrist on some of these suits, instead of the shoulder.

But these are not major drawbacks. Many suits have these or similar features and people enjoy diving them regardless, or maybe even prefer them. Mostly, if I were you I'd be making sure that the suit is in good condition, that it fits you (better to be too big than too small) and, like I said, the zipper is not an issue. If you're waiting for a better suit to come along at that price, you might find yourself waiting a long time.

EDIT: I should also add that I replaced neoprene wrist seals w. latex wrist seals. The neoprene wrist seals would always leak, whatever I did. The neoprene neck seal never leaked and didn't have to be replaced. It's possible the one you're looking at doesn't use neoprene seals so this may be a moot issue.

Thanks for the response, but probably moot - the guy selling it has gone dark with no responses... :(

Ha! Not so moot after all!

Shipment is being arranged. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom