White Sands Cove vs Las Terrazas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tripod

Reaction score
Hello,
I am a part of a group of 4 divers planning a vacation to belize april 2-9th. We are looking to rent a 2 bedroom condo and are currently closely looking at White Sands Cove Resort and Las Terrazas. I was wondering if any of you have stayed at this places and could offer us any guidance on which you might prefer. Las terrazas seems to have nicer condos with washers/dryers and stuff and would only cost a little bit more than White Sands. If we stayed at White Sands Cove, we'd probably go with Ecologic Divers but if we satyed at Las Terrazas, we'd go with White Sands diveshop since they are on site. Both of those outfits seem to have good reviews. Any help/input would be appreciated. Thanks!

We stayed at White Sands but it was in 2007 so not really recent. Very happy with our stay though, American owners were really friendly. Rooms were nice with good views and it's a smaller property so not too crowded. We didn't dive with their shop but did use them for snorkeling and they were good. Pretty much had the boat to ourselves. They had golf carts for rental at the resort.

Photos from our trip: Ambergris Caye, Belize 2007 pictures from friends & fun photos on webshots

It's changed hands since then. I know quite a lot about both places but not as a guest so I'm not competent to comment. My initial impression is that Las Terrazzas is substantially more up-market than White Sands. From what little I know I'd rather stay at White Sands. But I'd still dive with Elbert (White Sands Dive Center, which used to be located at White Sands Resort and retained the name when it moved).

Las terrazas is a new resort a few meters away from the old journeys end resort and really the 2 are totally different in feel Las terrazas is an upmarket condo develpment where as White Sands is a smallers less fancy place. If its only a few bucks more and you like new then Las terrazas is the place.

White sands is a much much older resort but has a nice small familly feel to it, not sure which I would pick actually it depends if I was with a fussy girlfriend I would pick Las terrazas if I was with a laid back girlfriend i would pick White Sands. :)

Gaz Cooper

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom