White Point Closed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gimewater

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I noticed White Point had been closed for a while and my friend in the lifeguards told me that there was a sink hole in the middle or entrance of the parking lot. Anyone hear when it was supposed to be open again? I heard from my friend it could be some time and it was unknown.

Where is white point?

Oh ok thanks

White Point/Royal Palms State Beach is further south of old marineland on Paseo Del Mar, maybe a few miles down. You can drive your car down to the waters edge, but the entrypoint is still 100 or so feet away, if you get a spot that close. Parking fees do apply here. I think it's around $6.00 on weekends. There is a book that you should check out; Southern California's Best Beach Dives( authors are Dale&Kim Sheckler of C.D.N), it lists dive sites from Santa Barbara to San Diego. It is a great book if you like to try new dive spots. It lists a few in the Palos Verdes area,

Ive looked at that book. I know quite a few people that own it :)

Nope there is a temp trail leading down to it :D at least it looked like the trail to old marine land. there is temp parking and every thing. Just went and looked at it last weekend

so the beach is no longer closed but the parking lot is. The lifeguards I have talked to have guessed the parking lot will reopen around the middle of May if not a little later. Till then the wonderful scenic scuba trails of PV now include White Point and Royal Palms instead of parking directly on the beach. Also Rick is right they are shutting down OML again. I just hiked down about two weeks ago and a portion of the trail has been washed out and you need to jump it to get to the rest of the trail...I didn't have fun doing it without gear I sure wouldn't try with it. The break in the trail is i would guess about 4 or 5 feet deep maybe 3 feet across with unsteady edges. I wasn't sure the reason of the closer but everyone in PV has been hearing about it. I just hope the concrete is poured soon on that freaking hotel so we can start diving it again. When I saw the water it was pretty murky anyways from all the construction.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom