Whiskey Wreck dive report 5/5/08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jwhitlock

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I met up with a friend at Bahama Bobs around 4:30 pm to dive the whiskey. The seas were calm and the vis was around 10-15 ft (couldnt believe it) on the north side of the wreck. Man the sand is really starting to cover it up again. Saw alot of starfish north of the wreck and thousands a small sanddollars everywhere. As i made my way west on the wreck I turned the corner of the wreck and saw a small 2 ft. shark. The sad think was the poor guy was not alive. A freind of mine took some pics when I get them Ill post them................Jwhitlock

How much of a factor is tide on the Whiskey dive? Can I dive it throughout the day, or only at certain times??

The variable with this dive is the surf...not so much the tide...if there is any wind....look for a North wind...it helps to knock down the surf.

How much of a factor is tide on the Whiskey dive? Can I dive it throughout the day, or only at certain times??

Sometimes it helps at high tide but not always.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom