Whiskey Wreck 9-8-6 Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I met up with philmotrek, hatman, and woody this afternoon after work(around 6PM). Water was choppy, but no real surf to speak of, and it seemed clear enough. There was a bit of seaweed on the break, and a few spots on the way out, as well as a bit on the wreck, but not enough to impeed a good dive. Visibility was 10-15' and there were quite a few fish around. I hit a max depth of 17' for a dive lasting 56min before my divelight croaked(batteries finally died). Blue crab are simply all over the wreck, tons of em, nicely sized too. Pinfish, mangrove, silver perch, bluefish, ect schooled the wreck. A few tropicals like damsels, butterflies, and seargant majors, fluttered around a bit. We spotted a flounder towards the end of the dive and a few electric skates as well. All in all, had a great dive, philmotrek finally killed his curse of high surf. Jellyfish weren't really a problem, I got tagged once or twice by free floating stingers, but never saw one of the animals themselves.

Great report Mat - Thanks

No problem Tom :D

Could you do me a favor and delete the other thread that I managed to put up at the same time? My internet, or ScubaBoard was having a hiccup last night, which resulted in me hitting the "Post Thread" button numerous times - LOL

Camera is still recovering from your ugly mug on it at the Crab Grab!

I have plenty of fish in the freezer, no need to be greedy :wink: Besides, they'll just get bigger for when I need them, as most of the people diving the Whiskey with the intention of fishing - have you're unique skills of bringing back nothin!

One fish that I pointed out, I practically had to aim the gun and pull the trigger myself - I did leave you to untangle yourself out of the mess :D

Here's a picture for you.

WestPass2.jpg

West Pass this morning.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom