Whiskey Dance today 3/11/07 5:30 pm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tom wicker

Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like everyone got a little wet this weekend. I get a day free back in town only to find Gary is now closed on Sunday :shakehead

Anyways me and a couple of buddies put together a last minute spear trip to the Whiskey just horsing around. We drop by Gary’s place to equip my two buddies only to find Gary closed so we head over to the other local shop felling like a couple of traders jumping ship. On a small side note it want happened again with GGD the maintenance maintained on their equipment is excellent :D enough said on that.

Arriving at the beach at the Whiskey we begin to suit up. Than I have to suit down to help work on some fins and a non operational dump valve of course the scenery was helpful God I miss the beach. Anyways we head out to the wreck from shore it looked as if it would make for an awesome day of diving. Great water color, little to no surf, we were in heaven. After hitting the water and sucking the bottom out of the tank in one large breath do to the cold water we were off.

About ¾ of the way out we decide to drop down and sneak up on the Wreck. About here is were I need to apologize to Mat My friend you now have a few less Sheeps on site. Anyway I was to take the center and one buddy was to take either side. Viz was averaging 5 to 8ft water temp 63# I held just on the north side of the wreck taking five very nice sheepshead and picking up about three small plate size clam shells. One of my buddies took three and the other caught a cold.

We called the dive after about 30min do to chill and heading in only to find a crowd greeting us with film and photo cameras and plenty of questions. After doing the customary process of handing out the shells and answering the shark question for the a elder lady as if we carried a cell-phone just in case we got snagged up out there. I just stood there dumb founded think yea right. ( 911 call) yes operator could you send someone out here to the Whiskey Wreck to free me I'm hung up at 17ft and need to be cut loose. :rofl3:

Our post dive was done at a tavern up 59 north of Gulf Shore Rum was in order to cut the chill from the bones and a friendly game of pool or two

Congrats on the sheep, glad you guys only took 8 :) There's mroe left for me!

Cover up good there was jellies everywhere and a nasty surge if you go soon . We might hit the Paddle Wheeler tomorrow night if our building permits don't make it on site in the morning. Hey did Paul come up with a date yet on the next Crab Crawl?

Surge was worse on Saturday, the surf was a bit larger then, by no means bad though. Paddlewheeler holds lots of sheep too. Jellies throughout the gulf at the moment, beaches, inshore, and offshore from what I understand. Not the stinging nettles though, some other kind with shorter tentacles and less harsh stings. Still annoying.

I don't think we have a date for the Crab Grab yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom