Whidbey Island November dive report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ferretchen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What a delightfully written report! The metaphor of Sunflower stars as embers of a dying fire is PERFECT.

Drysuit diving warmth is totally dependent on the undergarments. When I first started, I tried to wear Polarfleece stuff I had from skiing and riding over the years, and it took a ton of weight and didn't keep me warm. I've experimented over the last three years with a number of different combinations of things, and come to the depressing conclusion that the stuff that's made by the companies who specialize in this really IS better than anything you can put together from other things. Unfortunately, it is also quite expensive. Nowadays, I can do 45 minutes of drifting in 43 degree water, and get out just a little chilly . . . but that's with three layers of undergarment, and Argon for suit inflation :)

Edited to add: I think it's cool that you found an octopus in the toilet. I've been looking in toilets for three years (why does every dive site seem to have at least one?) and have never found anything of interest in any of them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom