Which wide angle lens popular for underwater photography

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My bad, Ike cannot take the 10-17mm and the Kenko, just the 10-17mm by itself and still would be my first pick.

Every place we have been has something to offer. While we enjoyed the Carribbean once you have been to South East Asia you are ruined. We enjoyed the Madlives but from Seattle it is a long haul.

Not to side track the thread but if I had to pick my top ten (always changing).

1. Raja Ampat
2. Cocos Island
3. Lembeh
4. PNG
5. Komodo, Indonesia
6. Guadalupe (yes a one trick pony but WOW!!!)
7. Solomons
8. Tonga and the Humpbacks
9. Fiji
10. My backyard, in the water by 9am, home by Noon, rest of the day with the better half

It's true, SE Asia will make the Caribbean seem...almost plain, in a way.

We have Lembeh in 2014 for sure, and Raja Ampat on the MY Damai is (tentatively for now) a trip we'll will do in 2015...maybe by then we'll live in Hawaii to shorten that flight some :D

I've dove with Star Dancer in PNG, off Walindi (New Britain) as well as off Loloata resort, from those places the liveaboard to the Fathers Islands was terrific as well as some of the diving from the Walindi resort.

My bad, Ike cannot take the 10-17mm and the Kenko, just the 10-17mm by itself and still would be my first pick.

Every place we have been has something to offer. While we enjoyed the Carribbean once you have been to South East Asia you are ruined. We enjoyed the Madlives but from Seattle it is a long haul.

Not to side track the thread but if I had to pick my top ten (always changing).

1. Raja Ampat
2. Cocos Island
3. Lembeh
4. PNG
5. Komodo, Indonesia
6. Guadalupe (yes a one trick pony but WOW!!!)
7. Solomons
8. Tonga and the Humpbacks
9. Fiji
10. My backyard, in the water by 9am, home by Noon, rest of the day with the better half

wow... love the photos u hv taken..its reallt nice indeed. Well, i think i will jz go for tokina 10-17mm as my 1st choice :) and thanks all for your advice :wink:

I use the Tokina 10-17. It allows you to focus very close, which is a very nice feature. It needs only a 4 inch dome and that makes for a far more compact situation. I find it useful for landscape shots, for diver shots often with landscape. You can use it on large subjects like turtles, sharks and schools of fish but you have to get very close.

Now I discovered that it is great for after the dive shots on the boat. The wide angle, depth of focus, funky fish eye effect works very well.

This lens has a number of features that make it very well suited for underwater photography.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom