Which wide angle for PT-015 & C5050

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

greenflash1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
There are 3 on the market Sea & Sea, Inon, & Epoque, All 3
about the same price. Can anyone let me know which is best?:confused:

I have the Inon UWL-100. If I am not mistaken, the Sea and Sea will only give you about 90 degree view while the Inon is closer to 100. The Epoque is a few degree less than the Inon.
I use it with Oly C4040, Ikelite housing with good result. No significant barrel distortion that I could find. The local store here told me that Inon and Epoque are made by the same factory.

Also Inon make a dome lens to be used with the UWL-100 that will give something like 130+ degree view as well.

I have the S&S WAL L lense. No distortion or vignetting at all. I use it on my C-4040/PT-010 so this may not apply at all!

I use the PWC-01 too. It's actually made by UN - the same company that makes the PT housing for Olympus. Very nice glass. And if you can order a spare back lens cap - fits the PT-015 perfectly as a port cap.

The nice thing about the Inon is you can add the dome adaptor later...

Where can I get the Olympus lens?

Side note: I'm never really sure if it's fair to openly recommend stores from outside the US, especially if the board is sponsored by local suppliers. Most of the time I take it off board - but also find it 'un-board-like' to say 'check your e-mail' since a board is about sharing. So I'm going to do this once - tell me if it's wrong.

Where did you order the extra lens cap?

I ordered mine from uwdigitalcamera.com. I order a lot of stuff from him - the prices are usually half (sometimes a third!) of what I pay here in Australia. I actually lost the front cap on the first dive (duh!) and even though he didn't have them he sourced it for me in 2 days and while I was at it ordered a second back cap for the housing port. The gentleman's name is Yuzo and comes highly recommended.

ReyeR:
I use the PWC-01 too. It's actually made by UN - the same company that makes the PT housing for Olympus. Very nice glass. And if you can order a spare back lens cap - fits the PT-015 perfectly as a port cap.

The nice thing about the Inon is you can add the dome adaptor later...
does the wide angle lens address the 4 holes around the red PT-015 lens ring. I wish to know how these holes are kept from exposing the primary element of the wide angle lens from sea water? What red filter can I use? and can it be a non diving filter? seems that the seawater preasure at the front of the PT-015 would push directly onto any filter between the PT-015 and the wide angle? Can you advise? Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom