which way should i go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mako1

Contributor
Reaction score
my wife and i want to start taken picture of our dives, for fun and to remember. 700.00 budget, i have a cannon z85 digital video camera, and could get an ikelite 6043 housing under 650.00, or a cannon a95 still camera with a cannon wp-dc50 housing for about the same price, is one combo better or easier to use for beginner diver? what would be your recommendation and i missing a better combo. i will never be a good under water picture taker but i would like to be able to make out the pictures ten years later. thanks mike
p.s. would i have to have a lite with these to use? diving in jan. in river with manatees.

mako1:
my wife and i want to start taken picture of our dives, for fun and to remember. 700.00 budget, i have a cannon z85 digital video camera, and could get an ikelite 6043 housing under 650.00, or a cannon a95 still camera with a cannon wp-dc50 housing for about the same price, is one combo better or easier to use for beginner diver? what would be your recommendation and i missing a better combo. i will never be a good under water picture taker but i would like to be able to make out the pictures ten years later. thanks mike
p.s. would i have to have a lite with these to use? diving in jan. in river with manatees.

One place, Ebay

I wrestled with the Video vs. Still issue. It depends on how into photography you are and what do you plan to do with the images? I think video takes a little more planning and editing to get a coherent video that is fun to watch. Also do you take your video camera with you every dive to capture that one special moment an eagle ray or shark goes gliding by. With a still camera you can always have it with you to capture the moment and later put it in a slideshow which you can burn to a CD. I would love to have both but choose to go with a still set up because I felt I would dive with it more.

Agree - you first need to choose which you prefer shooting and sharing...stills or video.

I do both and many times will take both systems with me.

Lately I prefer stills and am having great fun learning how to take good photos!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom