Which WA lens with the Canon WP DC38 and Dyron adaptor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wiggsy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Trying to decide between the 20 mm Dyron and the 15mm Dyron with the Dyron adaptor on the Canon WP DC38 housing.....AT first I thought the 20 mm would be wide enough, given that the Canon lens already goes out to 28 mm (37 mm underwater)...But is I was assured there would be no vignetting with the 15 mm, then I suppose I would go for that. Does Dyron staff have any opinion to offer on which lens is 'better' on this particular housing??? Many thanks!:):)

Hello
The WA15 or WA20 are good together for this housing without any vigneting
The angle is wider but with small distortions on the edge with the WA15.

Best regards

Hello
The WA15 or WA20 are good together for this housing without any vigneting
The angle is wider but with small distortions on the edge with the WA15.

Best regards

Given the small distortions ( I guess chromatic aberrations)...would the 20 mm be a better option - is it wide enough? Or are you convinced the 15mm gives better results? And do I set the focus to macro? I gather if 'yes' the focus is on an apparent image inside the lens dome?

Hello
Yes it's chromatic aberrations and also the edage of the picture is not perfect.
The WA20 is really different, it's wide enought, it's better to have 100° perfect than 140° with abberations and no focus on the corner.
Normaly the camera set to macro mode automaticaly, but if not yes put on macro mode.

Best regards

Back
Top Bottom